The other day we were talking about our bodies being a toxic cesspool.
And, I decided to do a little more research on that…
The most interesting article I found on the subject was Toxic Body Waste
According to an EPA database, over 80 thousand toxic chemicals, have been released upon the public by different companies.
Yet, most of them haven’t been tested for toxicity effects on us kinda mammalized life forms. Ok, so there’s no such word as mammalized, but I’m digging it…
Anyway, to get the big picture view of our government’s nearly impossible mandate to protect us, and our environment, from toxic chemical contamination, click on the following blue link: EPA Toxic Oversight,
Toxic chemicals in beauty and personal care products:
Following the mandates of a law adopted in 1938, the FDA has almost zero power to regulate the ingredients in personal care and beauty products. Taking advantage of the laxity of the law, companies are free to label their personal care products as natural, organic medically approved, or any other terms they come up with.
Companies can also get around listing known carcinogenic toxins on their ingredient lists, like formaldehyde, triclosan, and phthalates, by renaming them with a label they claim is exclusive to their brand.
If you’re concerned, and you should be, European personal care product manufacturing companies have to follow stricter (much more stricter) regulations and laws.
Toxic materials are everywhere:
- flame retardants found on furniture and in carpet
- fluoride and chlorine in our water
- toxic preservatives in and on our food to extend their shelf live
- in foods fed to farm animals and pond grown fish
- in beauty products and personal care products
- in laundry cleaning products and in cleaning products
- plastic containers and non-stick cookware
The list of toxic chemicals in our environment is much too long for this missive.
Yet, by now you’ve an idea of how pervasive they are in everyday living.
It’s a minor miracle we’ve lived this long because we ain’t gonna get away from them!
Some of the health problems caused by toxic junk:
- heart disease
- Skin problems, rashes, boils, pimples, and even acne
- frequents infections
- digestive problems
- brain and nerve damage/disorders
How do we protect ourselves?
As I’ve told you, I’m now doing an intensive body cleansing.
To learn if my body chemistry is balanced, I’ll be following the cleanse up with comprehensive blood work.
Other things we can do:
- drink filtered water: at least half your body weight in ounces (160 lbs = 80 ozs daily)
- eat organic fruit, vegetables, eggs and meat
- drink goats milk, instead of cow’s milk
- exercise and sweat out the toxins
- weekly saunas
- fast one day weekly
- cook in organic butter or coconut oil
- avoid sugar and all artificial sweeteners, except Xylitol (also sold under brand names: Xlear & Ultimate Sweetener)
- don’t eat pork or any shellfish
We’re all gonna die from something.
Yet, when my time comes, I’d just as soon it not be riding in on the tail end of some toxic chemical chain. How about you?
That’s it for today. Talk to you next time. Until then,