Can Human Aging Be Reversed?
Sorry, dreamers, schemers and anti-aging formula pushers, but once you’re born, death is the only surefire solution to stop aging.
Sometime between now and the 5 billion or so years when our personal star, the Sun, will burn itself out, human ingenuity ‘might’ figure out how to cheat death.
Unfortunately, you, nor your great-great-great, etc., etc., grandchildren’s grandchildren, won’t be alive to suffer the horrors that eternal life would probably mean in its totality.
On the meantime, let’s not dwell upon what we can’t change…
As, a-hem, reasonable adults, we already know that to an unpredictable extent, our longevity and the quality of the life we live, are determined by genetics, lifestyle choices and happenstance.
Like it or not, we can’t choose our ancesters.
Plus, fateful events will gobble us and spit us out – that’s life. And, our only defense is acceptance and attitude adjustment.
We can though, choose an apple instead of a Little Debbie Cake.
In other words, our power to choose could extend our lives and even reverse some of the problems associated with unhealthy lifestyles.
External Signs Of Aging:
- Facial wrinkles.
- Puffy eye bags.
- Greying and thining hair.
- Donald Trump eyebrows.
- Shrinking/thining lips.
- Turkey necks.
- Brown spots & skin discolorations.
- Droopy boobs, saggy butts and bouncy love handles.
- Unexplained nose & ear hair.
- Man boobs and longer & lower scrotums.
- Uh, probably one too many examples…
All these changes are normal gifts of aging. Some cultures regard them with respect. But, we American’s ‘ain’t one of those!
And, many of us will go to great lengths to stop, or cover them up.
Hiding aging signs might be vanity in some cases. Yet, mostly it’s because ‘society’ unconsciously treat older people differently.
Being an older kid myself, I’d rather strangers, and non-strangers alike, didn’t make allowances, or assumptions about me because of how they view my age.
Just because I’ve shrunk an inch, or so, in the last few years and my outer skin layer is thinner than Hillary Rodham Clinton’s veracity, please go ahead and treat me like the pain in the a*s that I am.
Yet, external signs of aging are normal and can be delayed, camouflaged, and in some cases, reversed – albeit temporarily.
Biological Signs Of Aging:
Your biological age is a measurement of the speed that your body’s aging. And, doesn’t always correspond to your chronological age.
Note: Test your biological age against your chronological age: Real Age Test (Taking the test is free, but beware their sneaky attempts to sell you stuff you probably don’t want.)
The external signs of aging we’ve listed above, for example, result from the condition of your biological age. As are changes in your brain and nervous system.
Other Biological Aging Signs:
- Heart & blood circulation. Larger, thicker & weaker heart muscle, slower blood circulation. Exercise & balanced diet delays onset.
- Lungs. Weaken and provide less oxygen as they age. Exercise delays this condition.
- Kidneys. Shrink and functionality slows. Need more water to offset lower performance.
- Weaker bones. Weight training exercise, extra vitamin D and calcium, stop smoking.
- Muscle loss. More protein and regular exercise helps.
- Slower metabolism. Muscle strengthening helps restore/offset.
- Immune system response rate slows down. Diet & exercise help.
- More Info
If you live long enough, the conditions in the above list, or ailments related to them, will nail you. That’s an uncontrollable, and at some aging point, an irreversible fact of birth.
Scientific Anti-Aging Research:
Scientific anti-aging research is primarily focused upon how to fix, or most often control, the damages that result from our natural aging process.
And, a large segment of the scientists who are supposedly trying to reverse, and ultimately stop aging, are still high-fiving themselves for discovering that replacing old mice blood with young mice blood seems to rejuvenate creaky old mice into some kinda hot rat 2nd teenagehood. Something we talked about way back in May of 2015: Wanted: Young Rat Blood Donors
Other researchers, probably as a result of the rat blood replacement research, are having some interesting results with a related technique that:
…purges retired cells from the body has been shown to undo the ravages of old age in a study that raises the prospect of new life-extending treatments…”
So far they too, have only tested this on lab rodents. But, tests are planned on people with Glioblastoma multiforme brain tumors. Cell Regeneration
Recent news from a study released 8/3/17, suggests our brain controls the human aging mechanism – an aging causation theory long held by Josh Mitteldorf, a Dude you should get to know if you’re serious to learn the latest about about aging research.
Finally, and trust me, I’m exhausted here, my versions of random samplings culled from popular media about ways to reverse and delay the ravages of aging:
Popular Ways To Reverse Aging:
- Stay connected socially without hanging around whiners and takers like, well just about everyone who didn’t support you when you accidentally ‘liked’ a porn video. And, no, I’m definitely not referring to someone with the initials Ted Cruz.
- Sleep 7 plus hours daily – easily done by attempting to read any Ayn Rand work of fiction.
- Avoid stress like you would any song by Lorde or Adele.
- Don’t smoke! Only drink a 2nd when a government official lies or an ocean makes waves.
- Watch your weight without dieting – i.e. do not watch Oprah!
- Regular exercise – park your ride way, way, way out from the front door of your local Walmart.
- Eat less processed food. Only eat food that grows outta the ground, flies, has legs, crawls, or swims.
- Have a reason to get outta bed – even if it’s only to let the dog out.
- Practice stoicism really, really hard!
- Live a benevolently selfish life. Say ‘No’ often and without guilt.
Uh, I’m thinking sourcing popular media for aging advice is too much like trying to eat an elephant when you’d rather have a cheeseburger…
If you really want more of these, without my 2 cents worth thrown in, here’s an entertaining one: 50 anti-ageing tips to help you break the time barrier
And, a slight twist on the subject from the same source: Top 50 tell-tale signs of ageing revealed
What say you about: How To Reverse Your Normal Aging Process And Outlive Your Enemies?