Are you one of those people who make New Years Resolutions?
If you are one of those, how committed are you to the actions you resolute to?
What’s commitment gotta do with New Year?
Yeah, that’s about right.
We both know that making resolutions because of a ‘made-up’ date on the calendar, is on the far side of dumbish.
Yet, talking about them is kinda fun, and a decent excuse for another drink.
Plus, making them is traditional.
And, Breaking them, feels so good!
With the above in mind, I thought it’d be fun to gather up a few dozen interesting New Year related quotes and resolutions for the 1st day of 2016.
Because of the time involved, I limited my search to Internet sources.
Which proved disappointing.
With rare exceptions, online sayings, related to New Year, were not only repetitive, but most of them were so humdrum that they bored even a dull mind like mine.
Nonetheless, here’s a…
Sample of the better New Year quotes & resolutions:
- Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank in which they have no account… Oscar Wilde
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow…Albert Einstein
- Thirty ways to shape up for [the new year] — number one: eat less; number two: exercise more; number three… What was I talking about? I’m so hungry right now… Maria Bamford
- Read fewer books because too much learning messes up your head…
- I won’t sit in my living room all day in my nightdress. I’ll move my computer into the bedroom. (Lots of versions of this one are scattered around the internet. Still, it made me think of a couple of people I know)
- May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions…Joey Adams
- My New Years resolution is to love myself like Kanye loves himself and believe in myself like Kanye believes in himself… Drunk Girl Problems @ Sassy_Drunk (Probably the funniest one I found)
Because we shun people who whine about things, without offering solutions, here’s a link to 11 realistic resolutions that I wrote last year:
Plus: 3 Websites With Thoughtful New Years Resolutions:
For Your Consideration In 2016 and Beyond:
Mrs. Thorpe’s Favorite Song:
From all us Thorpes To You & Yours: Happy New Year!