Peanut butter is a staple ingredient in North American kitchens.
Mothers’ often pack PBJ sandwich for their children’s lunch because they know peanut butter provides children with protein, carbohydrate, and other vital nutrients to get them going in a great manner at school.
Moreover, kids also love eating PBJ sandwich because of the sweetness of jelly and buttery flavor of the peanut butter.
But, it is not just the sandwich with which you can use peanut butter.
There are many more recipes that you can make with the help of peanut butter. We will discuss two recipes today in which peanut butter plays an integral role.
Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Serving: 12 cookies
Ingredients For the filling:
1. 1 cup creamy peanut butter.
2. ½ cup powdered sugar.
Ingredients For the For cookies:
1. ½ cup creamy peanut butter.
2. ½ cup softened butter.
3. ½ cup brown sugar.
4. 1 large egg.
5. ½ teaspoon baking soda.
6. 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
7. ¼ cup granulated sugar and some extra for rolling.
8. 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour.
9. ½ teaspoon kosher salt.
1. Start off with preheating oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets (large preferred) along with a parchment paper.
2. Now, it’s time to make filling for which, you will have to combine peanut butter and powdered sugar in a bowl. Mix both ingredients well until the mixture becomes smooth. After that, scoop the mixture into small balls and then, place the balls in the refrigerator.
3. Now, it’s time to make cookies. For this, take a large bowl and add butter, sugar and peanut butter in it. Beat the entire mixture with a hand mixer on the medium level until it becomes light and fluffy. After that, add vanilla and egg into the bowl and mix well. Then, add baking soda, flour, and salt into the rest of the ingredients and mix everything until you get a smooth mixture.
4. Take a pancake-like circle and scoop a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough into it. After that, place that peanut butter ball that you have kept in the refrigerator on top of the cookie dough. The edges of the dough need to be brought around the peanut butter ball followed by pinching the edges together to seal. If the dough turns out to be less, then you can add more accordingly. The frozen peanut butter ball should be completely covered with the dough.
5. Now, you have to roll that stuffed cookie in sugar and place it on the baking sheet. Repeat the process with other dough balls as well. Place the cookies about two inches apart.
6. Bake cookies until these become golden on the bottom. It will take 10-15 minutes for cookies to turn golden. Take the cookies out once baked and wait until the temperature comes down to room temperature. You can serve cookies warm as well if you want.
The next peanut butter recipe that I would like to share with you is ‘peanut butter banana bread granola’. This is a perfect breakfast recipe that will give you and your family member a daily dose of vital nutrients.
Peanut Butter Banana Bread Granola
Total Time: 50 minutes
Serving: 6 cups
1. 3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats.
2. ½ cup uncooked Quinoa.
3. 1 cup banana chips that are lightly crushed.
4. 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
5. ¼ cup light brown sugar.
6. 1 cup salted peanuts.
7. ¼ cup pure honey.
8. 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
9. 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter.
10. 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
11. ½ cup ripe banana finely mashed.
1. Begin with preheating oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a couple of rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Take a bowl now and add banana chips, sugar, oats, cinnamon, salt and peanuts and quinoa in it.
3. Take a small red copper pan and add butter, honey and peanut butter in it. Heat all the ingredients on medium-low heat. Stir the entire mixture frequently. Heat until the peanut butter and butter are melted, and it will take around 2-4 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from heat and add mashed banana and vanilla into the mixture. Add the entire mixture to the oat mixture and mix all ingredients together.
5. You need to spread granola onto those baking sheets that you have lined earlier. Bake the mixture for around 25 minutes or until the granola becomes golden brown.
6. Cool down the pan on wire racks followed by breaking up granola into pieces. Then, store the granola in an airtight container for a week or so.
After a week, you can enjoy this delicious and healthy delight alone or with your family…
Author: Monica Henin, the author of this post is a reputed blogger and a food expert.
She has written a number of posts on food tips and healthy recipes, which have helped many readers change their lifestyle.
Monica is a regular contributor at Addonkitchen.com as well.
Thank you Monica for the 2 delicious peanut butter recipes… We appreciate your contribution!
Until next time,