If You Wanna Be Happy For The Rest Of Your Life…
Don’t think so much about what could go wrong.
Instead, visualize yourself being satisfied with whatever cotton-pickin’ thing that comes along.
Truth is, we can rarely control anything except what’s going on between our ears…
- And, drink more filtered water, 8 glasses average. (Be wary of bottled water-it’s not regulated)
- Get 7 – 9 hours of sleep nightly.
- Train your bowels by going to the bathroom the same time every day. (It works)
- Exercise daily, bare minimum is 30 minutes!
- Daily meditation. Or 20 – 30 minutes of quiet time… by yourself.
- Learn how to breathe in the good and exhale the toxins. (Yoga teaches you how)
- Don’t sit longer than 2 hours at a time. (Stand, stretch, arch your back, put your hands on your hips & breathe)
- Eat lean red meat, but don’t fry it. (no more than 30 – 35% of your daily diet)
- Make up the rest of your daily food intake with fruits, vegetables, nuts and seafood.
- No more than 2 alcohol drinks daily.
- Don’t smoke, stop if you do.
- Find a reason to get outta bed every morning.
- Anger is a waste of time that shuts down our immune systems. (Instead of getting mad, teach yourself to become amused – make it a point to realize how funny we really are when we’re so pissed off!
- When in doubt, give people a break. (we just never know what kinda ordeal others are struggling with)
- Listen, without interrupting, and without jumping to conclusions, to people who have the misfortune of thinking we’re worth talking to.
- Be known for the friends you make, not the enemies you create.
- Always keep your promises, especially to yourself.
- Don’t give advice.
- Replace feelings of fear with hope.
- Forgive yourself so you can forgive everyone else.
- We all have doubts, do it anyway.
- Love yourself so you can accept and give love.
If we’re not satisfied with ourselves, we can’t be satisfied with anyone else. We all have regrets. But those are in the past, a place we can stop our minds from visiting, and agonizing about.
What’s done is done… Move On!
Follow my simple formula and you can be happy for the rest of your life. But be forewarned: the only thing I know for sure, is that I’m not 100% sure about anything between heaven and hell.
Ideas for me, your aging related story, or comments are always very welcome.