Another sunny and beautiful day to be alive here in Panama City, Florida.
Wellll, last Sunday, the Detroit Lions won another football game with less than one minute left in the game.
If you’re counting, and I am, that makes four wins in a row, all 4 coming as time was running out.
While I’m pretty darn happy about the results, I’m not sure how much more of these heroics my poor heart can stand.
Their next two games are against quality and ‘hot’ teams, Arizona and the New England Patriots.
On paper, the Lions are decent match-ups against both teams. Trouble is, both games are ‘away’ games.
Plus, the Cardinals are 8 and 1, and very mean at home.
And, New England’s offense is having maybe their best season ever.
I’m hoping for 2 wins, but could rationalize a split.
But, let’s talk about us…
Contrary to what some self-appointed health gurus are saying, breakfast is still the most important meal of the day. Importance of eating breakfast
I’ll admit skipping breakfast could be a dandy start on a day long fast.
Yet, I’m not convinced the benefits are worth the possible downsides.
Many working people not eating breakfast, blame it on lack of time.
Which is also a good reason to check out the following fast and easy breakfast recipe I use 6 mornings outta 7…
Tools: One Magic Bullet Mixer; One Tablespoon.
Ingredients: strawberries (I prefer frozen); Almond milk (we use the original 30 calories version); Cold milled golden flax seed; 100% whey protein; banana.
My Delicious And Nutritious Breakfast In Three Minutes Recipe:
- add about 8 ounces of Almond milk into your Magic Bullet’s mixing cup
- add 1 heaping tablespoon of flax seed on top of milk
- add 1 scoop (just over two & half ounces) of whey protein on top of milk and flax seed (scoop provided with whey product)
- add cup of strawberries on top of all that mess
- mix until the contents are liquid enough to drink
Drink it all up, while eating bites of banana between ‘brain freezes’.
Cold milled flax seed:
- high in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids
- improves digestive health, and can relieve constipation
- helps lower total blood cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or “bad”) cholesterol levels
- helps fight heart disease, diabetes and breast cancer
- To read more, click on the following blue link: Benefits of Ground Flax Seed
According to my research, flaxseed shouldn’t be taken with our medications or with other dietary supplements.
And, the benefits listed above aren’t FDA approved but have been suggested from results of credible studies.
- top-level protein that’s fast and easy to digest
- contains all 9 of the amino acids essential for healthy body functioning
- decreases total cholesterol while increasing HDL (thought to be the good cholesterol)
- increases immune system functioning
- helps maintain healthy weight
- To read more, click on the following blue link: Benefits of Whey Protein
Because whey protein is made from cheese curd, some people may have an intolerance for it, with digestive issues being the most common sign.
And, people with known kidney problems shouldn’t try whey without checking with their doctors.
“Naturally, we probably wanna check with our health care providers before changing any of our current diets or lifestyles…”
My breakfast recipe is simple and quick. And, it’s delightfully delicious.
Plus, it’s way nutritious and healthy…
Hope you liked today’s post. Looking forward to talking to you next time. Until then…
Ideas for me, your aging related story, or comments are always very welcome.