We went out to the beach the other day, and I was appalled, appalled, mind you, with the way some men around my age were dressed!
Now, I’m no fashion maven, but sometimes a man just can’t stands no more!
And, this is one of those times…
But, why stop at fashion no-nos? We won’t. We’ll also consider older men’s general behavior that could use a little tuning up. It’s probably way high time when someone did…
I’ve decided that someone may as well be, well…me. After all, it’s my idea and I’m sittin’ here thinkin’ ’bout it, and all, so here we go…
As a public service, my personal list of Men, Don’t Do’em’s, feel free to add your own in the comments section below…
10 Things Men Over 60 Should Never Do
- never wear shorts, or swimwear, that end above your bony-a*s knees
- please, please, don’t wear socks with sandals. If you need socks, wear shoes, fer heavens-sakes!
- never go in public without wearing an undershirt (unless you’re Mick Jagger, then wear at least 3 so people won’t think you’re sinking into a coma from malnutrition)
- Never make suggestive comments to ladies younger than you, including double entendres and making jokes like ‘if I was 20 years younger…’ hey, if you were 20 years younger, you’d be embarrassed by your clownish behavior!
- never flirt with women, it’s unmanly. And, if you think they’re flirting with you, rest assured there’s a price tag on it’s cute little behind
- never brag, or compare, the good old days outside the privacy of your own home, and don’t complain! We’ve all our crosses to carry, so man up.
- Never drive an everyday car made before your grandkids (unless it’s truly a classic, like a 1955 Studebaker Golden Hawk)
- at ‘stop’ lights & signs, pull on up next to the car in front of you, so drivers behind you can get into the turn lanes before hell freezes over and the light changes
- turn off your damn blinkers and remember the left lane is for passing and faster traffic!
- never drag race some annoying hotshot, unless you’re 100% sure you can beat the snot outta the little sh*ts!
Please don’t take any of the above the wrong way. I’m just having some fun, and I’m guilty as sin of at least one of them.
We both know it’s not easy getting old.
So, we should take our pleasures where, and when, we can.
And, my admiration and affection go out to you, wherever you are…
Don’t forget, add your peeve in the comments below.
Talk to you next time…
Ideas for me, your aging related story, or comments are always very welcome.